Enjoy specially selected wines and the following:
- Unlimited sampling of wines
- A World Wine Wednesday glass
- Two free drink tickets
- Hors d'oeuvres
On Wednesday, June 28th, the Racine Zoo will be featuring wine from the Spirits of Norway Vineyard.
Spirits of Norway is a local vineyard here in Racine County, owned and operated by Randy & Sandy Johnson. Their handcrafted, award-winning wines are sure to impress! As of yet, there is not a tasting room available to the public. This is your exclusive chance to sample a selection from some of their delicious "boutique style varieties".
Selections will include:
- Rhythm of Love, Red Wine: The Malbec grape makes wines of great power and character, with blackberry, plum, red pepper, sweet cherry, spice, licorice and deep bittersweet chocolate or espresso notes.
- Chardonnay, American: A medium-full bodied wine with rich, ripe fruit and plenty of oak and vanilla gives this favorite a buttery smooth mouth feel.
- Brianna, Wisconsin: One of the grape varieties grown here at Spirits of Norway Vineyard, this wine is semi-sweet with tropical fruit notes including pineapple, mango, and kiwi, making for a very likable wine for any occasion.
- Tropical Lime, White Wine with Natural Flavor: Freash and zesty lime notes are perfectly balanced with the subtle flavor of coconut and citrus. Truly a summertime delight! This wine took "Best of Catagory" in 2015 Wisconsin State Fair Winemaking Competition.
Tickets can be purchased online, at Uncorkt or at the Zoo administration office (200 Goold Street) for $30 per person. Ticket must be presented to enter the event. Must be 21 or older to attend.
Upcoming 2017 World Wine Wednesday Dates:
- Wednesday, June 28th
- Wednesday, July 19th
- Wednesday, August 2nd
*Online Tickets will be on sale until 3 pm the day of.
You can also purchase tickets at the Entrance Window the day of for $40.